The ideas and advice that will turn your bedroom into the utmost luxurious, comfortable and personal space possible
1. A Great Mattress is number one on our list, we don’t think we can stress this enough — after all, how will you be able to appreciate the beauty of a room with out a proper nights rest? Every person’s body is unique and requires specific conditions in order to get a proper nights rest, that’s why Doerr Furniture has a large selection on the most comfortable mattresses you can find! Some of the best mattress brands we carry: Tempur-pedic, Serta, Mattress1st and Beautyrest mattresses.
Other important questions to ask when searching for a new mattress: What type of steel is used? What type of foam? Are the coils individually-wrapped, making the bed responsive to your body? And if you’re hesitant to spend a lot on a new mattress, keep this in mind: A high-quality mattress should last 10-15 years. A cheap one? Half that.
2. A large Area Rug: When we wake up in the morning it’s important to make our first steps comfortable — you should want your feet touching the ground with a nice cozy area rug, rather than your chilly hard-wood flooring. Already have carpet? that’s okay, we still suggest using an area rug here — it makes your bed the focal point in your room, which is exactly what you should strive to do. The most important consideration in buying an area rug is to find something that has an interesting pattern and will please you every time you look at it!
3. Somewhere to sit (Besides the bed) A nice spot to sit down will serve you well when you’re reading or writing and can’t afford to fall asleep during, or need to have a conversation with your partner that’s best not had in bed. A chair can serve as a nice place to relax before you’d actually like to fall asleep. Chairs and Chaises are also great for putting on shoes. if you are trying to keep your laptop out of bed with a no-tech rule, you can check your email while sitting up in your chair.
4. A Head-board helps focus attention on the bed as a design element and helps to visually integrate the bed with the rest of the room. Think of a headboard as the visual photo frame of the bed. A headboard also helps set the mood of the room, whether that mood is traditional, modern, comfortable, or funky Doerr Furniture has it. Above we have a tufted upholstery head board that offers a relaxed and cozy look and promotes the utmost comfort.
5. Signature Items That Make You Smile! – These can be photo frames, trinkets and souvenirs from a great trip you went on, or maybe a unique lamp? Whatever tells a story. It’s important to make your space be totally unique to who you are. This is also a great way to incorporate pieces you’ve acquired over the years but can’t quite figure out where to put them. Make sure they’re in your line of sight upon waking up and their true purpose will be revealed: Making you smile!